Legal Media Center is a Kazakhstani non-governmental organization which specializes in mediarelations, advocacy and media training since 2003.
- We offer comprehensive training courses for journalists, students and lawyers; we also provide legal consultations and representation in court and organize thematic workshops and trainings courses and study tours.
- We promote international standards for the protection of the right to freedom of expression and human rights.
- We conduct media researches.
- We facilitate effective cooperation between NGOs, the media and government agencies by establishing various dialogue platforms and public hearings.
- We help NGOs to improve their institutional capacity (educational events, consulting, and technical support)
- We conduct monitoring of the print and electronic media
- We participate in legislative process (information legislation)
- Effective collaboration of journalists and press services, Counterpart Kazakhstan, 2005
- Training courses for journalists on the challenges faced by Kazakhstani civil society organizations, Ministry of Culture, Information and Sport, 2005.
- School of Economic Journalism, OSCE, 2006
- Regional Forum of Young Journalists, Administration of Kostanai oblast (province), 2007 - 2011
- Growth of the blogosphere in the regions of Kazakhstan, Hivos Foundation, Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan, 2007 - 2008
- Combating forced subscription, Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan, 2007
- Trial publicity: openness of cases for the media, Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan, 2008
- Development of effective forms of interaction between media and law enforcement agencies, OSCE, 2009
- Creating interactive database of recipients of state social procurement in the media, Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan, 2011-2012
- Using social media tools in the work of NGOs, Friedrich Ebert Foundation, 2011
- Reforming contracting system with regard to information policy in the media, British Embassy, 2011-2012
- International legal norms in the media sphere of Kazakhstan, Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan, OSCE, the Open Society Institute, 2009 - 2010
- Investigative journalism: training for practitioners, the Norwegian Embassy, 2012-2013
- Training center for journalists and young human right advocates (students), Embassy of Finland, 2012-2014
More than 1000 provided consultations to journalists, students and media professionals
More than 200 conducted seminars, trainings, workshops
More than 60implemented projects
More than 30issuedtextbooks and manuals, brochures, leaflets
More than 20 organizedround tables, conferences
More than 10 media research